Make a Gift From My DAF
Search DAF organization:
|Visit DAF Website|
|Mail a DAF Gift Letter|
|DAF web page|
|Notify us of your DAF gift|
|Thank you for considering a DAF gift to us. Click on the website link to your DAF provider. It will take you to a third party website. You may be able to log in and recommend a grant to Food Bank of Iowa. Another option is to call your DAF provider to recommend a DAF gift. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
|Your Address (Street or P.O. Box)|
|Notify us of your DAF gift|
|Thank you for considering a DAF gift to us. A sample letter is available to send to your DAF provider. You may save and print the PDF of your letter. If you have email contact information for your DAF provider, you may send a PDF copy of your DAF letter or you may copy and paste the text into an email. You will need to enter the amount of your recommended grant and your DAF account number on the letter before mailing. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
Are you looking for a way to benefit Food Bank of Iowa both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) might be the perfect solution for you. You can use a DAF to distribute gifts easily to Food Bank of Iowa and other non-profit charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Benefits of a donor-advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How a donor-advised fund works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at Food Bank of Iowa.
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF.
More on donor-advised funds
A donor-advised fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. These include:
- Minimal start-up time and cost.
- Gifts are generally deductible at fair market value.
- Not subject to distribution requirements and certain excise taxes.
Make A Grant from Your DAF
A grant from your DAF can help support our efforts this year. Contact your DAF administrator and recommend that a grant be made in any amount to support our cause. Your gifts make a difference. Join in our mission and help us continue our important work.
If you have any questions about donor-advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.Bergetta Beardsley
VP of Philanthropy
If you have any questions about donor advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Your message has been sent.