Gifts of Stocks and Bonds
Maximize your gift and income tax deduction by donating stock. By donating stock directly to Food Bank of Iowa, you can avoid recognition of capital gain and eliminate any income tax resulting from the sale of the stock.
Please follow these easy steps:
- Contact your broker or financial advisor to initiate the stock transfer.
- Complete the stock form (link below) and follow the instructions on the form to ensure accuracy
- Let us know the details of this transfer by sending a copy of the form or sending an email to Bergetta Beardsley, VP of Philanthropy. The contact information is on the form.
- Food Bank of Iowa will send an acknowledgement receipt for your gift.
Download Stock Form HERE.
Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to Food Bank of Iowa.
Benefits of gifts of stocks and bonds
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today
If you have any questions about gifts of stocks and bonds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.Bergetta Beardsley
VP of Philanthropy